FANNING THE FLAMES
Accelerating Growth Through Strategic Execution
The business was on the fast-track. With 10X growth in 5 years, the client had not only proven its value proposition, but had built the global capability to capture value. In spite of this success, growth was slowing – far short of their ultimate objectives.
Leadership needed to ignite growth, but knew their past success was not scalable. It would take not only a different strategic approach, but cultural change as well. I was brought in to fuel this transition.
Four key barriers were identified:
- The client was using a Product business model in a Professional Services (PS) market
- Go-to-market approaches were opportunistic in nature and not sustainable
- Offerings, methodologies and quality were inconsistent globally
- Roles and Responsibilities were not clearly defined
Collaborating with the Global Leadership Team, I designed a revival process focused on 5 priority workstreams:
- Global Strategy Development — to establish Practices & prioritize target markets for growth
- Business Model Transition — to leverage PS best practices, key drivers & scalability
- Organizational Alignment — to imbed & sustain the strategy in all parts of the organization
- Execution Management — to highlight, track and measure ongoing progress on strategic initiatives
- External Benchmarking — to monitor client efforts & establish position vs. competition
In less than 10 months, a globally reenergized, empowered and aligned organization emerged with a strategy to sustain growth rates >25%/year.
Fueled by new insights, engagement between Practice Leaders and Regional Leaders increased & brought laser-focus to their teams. In addition, cultural alignment improved 15% in the first 3 months, spreading like wild-fire across the global team and sparking both quick wins & sustained performance.
- a globally reenergized, empowered and aligned organization
- strategy to sustain growth rates >25%/year
- engagement between Practice Leaders and Regional Leaders
- cultural alignment improved 15% in the first 3 months
- Strategic Thinking
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Execution Management